About FAMI QS
FAMI-QS is a preeminent quality and feed safety management system for the sector of specialty feed ingredients and their mixtures. FAMI QS is worldwide leading scheme for the feed industry. This standard facilitate the worldwide trade of specialty feed ingredients and their mixtures. The FAMI-QS code addresses safety, quality and regulatory compliance in order to minimize hazards and ensure the placing on the market of safe and legal specialty feed ingredients. FAMI-QS is operating under IAF MLA. The FAMI-QS code is aligned with ISO high level structure for management systems, allowing operators to maintain an integrated management system.
FAMI-QS certification ensures the following:
- Minimize the risk that unsafe feed ingredients and their mixtures enter the feed and food chain
- Compliance to local and EU feed hygiene regulations
- Improved customer confidence and acceptance of the product.
Scope of FAMI QS
The scope of FAMI-QS is production and / trade of Specialty Feed Ingredients. A specialty feed ingredient is defined as any intentionally added ingredient not normally consumed as feed by itself, whether or not it has nutritional value, which affects the characteristics of feed or animals/ animal products and animal performance. Specialty feed ingredients can be obtained via the following production processes or their combination (i.e.) Chemical, Bio-process, mining, extraction, mixing, Formulations/ preparations.
The FAMI-QS scope is described in detail in the Chapter 2 of the Code of Practice
To download code of practice, please click here. Code of Practice
Authority to issue FAMI-QS Certificate
All FAMI-QS approved CB’s (list available on the web site www.fami-qs.org) are authorized to issue certificate after the audit approval by FAMI-QS.
SWISSCERT Pvt. Ltd. is one of the approved certification body in India to issue FAMI QS certificates worldwide.
Why Get FAMI-QS Certified?
- An industry-driven, sector-specific quality system, with unrivalled value on the global feed market.
- Uncompromised focus on risk management, safety and quality, coupled with time and cost efficiency.
- Highly effective management system approach.
- Expert knowledge and industry experience translated into the state-of-art set of rules, practices and standards.
- Global perspective and local presence. Over 1000 operators have been successfully implementing strict feed safety and quality requirements in all parts of the world.
- Fair play; same requirements for all operators worldwide.
Road Map to FAMI-QS Certification
ü Any Operator willing to be FAMI-QS certified can send the filled application form to SWISSCERT. Application form can be downloaded from FAMI QS website or you can mail at email@example.com
ü The Operator should download a free copy of the "FAMI-QS Code and the Rules of Operators and read the documents carefully.
ü FAMI-QS will evaluate the application and send an email stating if the application can be accepted or not. Once it has been approved, FAMI-QS will issue an invoice for membership fee. The membership fee is paid on a yearly basis. Once it is paid, a letter of acceptance (Approval Letter) is sent to the Operator.
ü SWISSCERT conducts the audit.
ü SWISSCERT submits the audit documentation to FAMI-QS
ü FAMI-QS reviews the audit documentation and membership payment and gives its validation for registration. After verification of the audit documentation, the Operator will be registered and listed on the FAMI-QS website as a certified Operator.
ü SWISSCERT delivers the certificate.
ü The certification is valid for 3 years subject to conduct of yearly surveillance audit by SWISSCERT. After the cycle of 3 years, a recertification audit will take place.
For further more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +91-11-41539720.
Back to Services